The benefits for your organization
Apply the OCI in your organization and you’ll provide members at all levels with an understanding of how they’re currently expected to approach their work and interact with one another—and how the existing norms either support or interfere with problem solving and task performance. You’ll also empower them to create a vision of the ideal culture in terms of the behaviors that would enable them and the organization to execute strategic initiatives, achieve goals, and attain the mission. The OCI provides leaders and members with the data they need and a language for conversations about where they are now, where they want to be, and how they’re going to get there.
The OCI is invaluable for:
- signaling and/or validating the need for cultural transformation
- supporting programs to enhance strategy implementation, employee engagement and inclusion, quality and reliability, and/or customer service
- gauging and improving organizational readiness for culture change
- addressing barriers to (and enablers of) agility, adaptability, and innovation
- facilitating mergers, acquisitions, and strategic alliances
- evaluating the impact of change efforts — using the culture assessment again and again to measure progress and identify what’s working and what’s not
Ephektiv is super user for Human Synergetics International and is Accredited.
How it works
Two forms of the OCI are available for culture assessment:
- The standard OCI measures the current culture of an organization in terms of shared behavioral norms—that is, the behaviors that members believe are required to “fit in” and meet expectations. Members’ responses are combined and profiled on Human Synergistics Circumplex to show the relative strength of Constructive, Passive/Defensive, and Aggressive/Defensive norms within the organization.
- The OCI-Ideal complements the current form of the OCI by identifying the optimal or preferred culture for the organization. It assesses the behaviors that leaders and other members believe should be expected to maximize effectiveness and enable the organization to reach its goals. The result is a picture of the ideal culture based on shared values and beliefs — a benchmark against which the current culture can be compared to identify gaps and targets for change.
Members’ responses to these surveys are aggregated and electronically analyzed to generate a report (or reports) to support your company’s organizational culture change initiatives. A Human Synergistics consultant or accredited practitioner guides organizational leaders and change team members through the findings and the steps required for successful development and transformation.
The OCI surveys are available online on almost any digital device as well as in hard copy (including self-scoring) format.*
*Content and copyright courtesy of Human Synergetics International.© 2019 Human Synergistics International. All Rights Reserved.