Growth and business development for a young company through branding and marketing development
Mr. Smith first engaged with Halker Consulting when the firm was still a startup, operating out of the founder’s home with a team of less than 10 employees. The founder, who had recently left a multi-national oil and gas engineering firm, needed to be able to show potential clients what types of engineering services Halker Consulting was able to offer and demonstrate what made the firm different from more established players in the industry.
At the time, the company had no sales collateral, no messaging, no branding and nothing to offer potential clients to tell this story.
Given Halker Consulting’s place in the market at the time, Mr. Smith started with the basics in developing its marketing and messaging plans.
- Messaging: MessageLabs were completed for each part of the company’s business, breaking each part of the company into pieces and building messaging around each segment. This allowed the company to better explain its service mix and more effectively communicate its value proposition.
- Branding: As Ephektiv worked with Halker Consulting to develop its strategic messaging platform, it also iterated and revised prototypes of the brand identity, including logos, icons, a color scheme and a look and feel for its digital and print materials.
- Integrated Communications: Ephektiv produced an integrated system for print digital and vido compinents using that brand ID system, with more than 15 distinctive print pieces supporting the regioinal strategy, a continually evolving website and social media to include linkedin and twitter
- Focus: With Ephektiv’s help, the company was able to focus its diverse selection of services to a few specific solutions, all centered on upstream multi-well installations. This helped to differentiate Halker Consulting in the marketplace by focusing on the speed and flexibility of this one solution. This message was reinforced through a significant thought leadership campaign, including speaking engagements, print and digital published work, award submissions, direct email campaigns and more.
- Thought Leadership: Ephektiv worked with Halker Consulting’s senior leadership to secure speaking engagements, publishing opportunities, teaching engagements and other outreach for them. This included the creation of a Halker-branded mobile app for the oil and gas industry.
- Over the first four years of work with Ephektiv, Halker Consulting grew from less than 15 employees to roughly 100 with a year-over-year growth rate in excess of 100%
- Halker Consulting was named “Engineering Company of the Year” at the 2014 Oil and Gas Awards
- The company was named to ENR Mountain States’ ‘Top Contractors’ List for 2015
- Halker Consulting was named one of The Denver Post’s Top Workplaces for 2014
- The company’s business growth allowed it to move from the founders home to a professional office space, later moving to a second, larger office to accommodate the growing team
- Unified messaging helped drive business that secured Halker Consulting’s place in Colorado, allowing it to branch out into new, global markets